Since the office was opened, we have developed a reputation as the local specialist estate agents for the Queens Park area of Bournemouth. At the heart of the area is the beautiful parkland and golf course called Queens Park.
Formerly common land, it came under the ownership of the local council in 1900 and in 1902 it was named Queens Park in honour of Queen Alexandra, wife of Edward VII. Plans was made to transform part into the 18-hole golf links , which was opened in 1905. The roads we now know as Queens Park South Drive and Queens Park West Drive were originally designed as carriage roads and a trotting track around part of the park. In 1906 facilities included a club house, bowling green, tennis court, croquet lawn and a lake for model boats. The lake and club house remain, and there are also football pitches now.
The website of the Queens Park Golf Course informs us that the course has been host to several European Tour Events and is widely renowned as one of the best municipal golf courses in the country. Annual season tickets are available, or there is the option of Pay and Play.
The parkland is a very popular area for walking and for the local children to play, including the new play area next to the golf course club house, with its bar and café. On the rare occasions when we have significant snowfall in Bournemouth, sledging down the slopes is great fun.
With thanks to The Park, A History of Queens Park, Bournemouth by the Queens Park Action Association for historical information
For more information on the golf course, please follow the link below.
Find out what your property is worth, click here >